We are always on the look out to hire great people.
Location: Baghdad – Department: Pastry Workshop
We are looking for a creative Pastry Chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Pastry Chef Responsibilities:
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
Pastry Chef Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- 2 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
Location: Baghdad – Department: Sales
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service or Cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.